I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, October 24, 2015

Voila!

From the Tarot of the Master, the Magician; from the Geomancy Cards, "Albus:"
          Vacchetta's Magician is not the RWS kind with four suits displayed on the table but a public entertainer. With those cones and balls, I'd surmise his game involves sleight-of-hand to impress his viewers. The keyword given for this card is "ability" and suggests he's good at his craft. He can make things seem to appear and disappear at will. Yet is he simply a performer or a con man? The geomancy figure Albus (white) may be a nod to the latter. It represents purity and clarity and is associated with the planet Mercury (communication). Leading someone toward a false assumption is incredibly easy. I can omit vital information and skew the facts by reporting only what is positive. Outright lying is avoided, but manipulation still happens. "This vitamin supplement will give you amazing energy (especially when your stomach cramps and you must find a bathroom immediately). And it's yours for the amazing low price of $5 (though with your credit card information, we'll be charging you every month for a new bottle, whether you want it or not)." Speaking with integrity and listening with a discerning ear are on today's agenda.

9 comments:

  1. I keep meaning to comment on the Geomancy cards you made yourself. They are wonderful. I used to like to do geomancy with The Playing Card oracles, so was pretty taken with your cards. You've chosen lovely art for them Bev.

    In Asian culture, white is the colour of death. I guess you'd better watch out for that Mountebank!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :) I think I've told you before how taken I am with ancient Asian art. I'd forgotten about the color white meaning death; maybe the Mountebank should be careful that things don't boomerang on him!

      Delete
  2. I got a similar reading with my Tarot cards. The flower does seem to be inclining its petaled ear towards the Magus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it does seem to lean his way. Reminds me of the Victorian record players!

      Delete
  3. Or of a deaf man's horn which seems to urge us to "listen with a discerning ear" just like we are in need of "glasses" when is come to reading the small print of a contract.
    I do prefer the Rider Waite Magician over this manipulative crook :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I like that - the tin horn for the hard of hearing! Sometimes I just hear what I want to hear, and ignore all the rest.

      Delete
  4. These cards put me in mind of the saying, if it sounds to good to be true it probably is.
    I'm like Ellen, I like the RWS interpretation as opposed to the con. I'll trust others until they give me reason to do otherwise or my Spidy sense tell me not to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it made me look in the mirror. I don't lie outright, but I have caught myself trying to "fudge" the truth so to speak, to make things look better than they actually were!

      Delete
    2. Lol I've been known to make some good fudge too!

      Delete