I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Appropriate Space

From the Osho Zen Tarot, the Star; from the A'HA Oracle, Diversity:
          Though this card resembles the Moon, it is in fact the Star. Its keyword "silence" indicates that a time and place has been set aside to heal and renew - as Padma puts it, "come home to yourself." All the external worries and obligations are placed on hold; now in the silence insights and understanding are gathered. The natural spaciousness of the luminous mind holds all possibilities rather than just ego's narrow view of things. Here is where useful guidance will be found that can be employed when engagement in the outer world resumes.
          If the Diversity card were in color, it would look like the explosion of blooms now occurring in the neighborhood; every plant, shrub and tree seems to be wearing its most spectacular attire. The shape, size and color of each flower is designed to attract specific pollinators, which benefit both plant and insect (or bird). Linnie writes, "we each have our place; we are all parts of a magnificent whole... each part is as valuable to the whole as every other." I am currently reading a book by Alan Morinis on the Jewish practice of Mussar, and the definition given for humility is “limiting oneself to an appropriate space while leaving room for others.” The space a person occupies can be physical, emotional, verbal, or even metaphorical, but neither expanding nor shrinking beyond what is appropriate is considered humble. One's space may enlarge or shrink depending on knowledge, experience, skill, etc. Yet to be able to know what space is appropriate will require an inner guidance without the input of the ego.
Peppermint peach tree in bloom.

4 comments:

  1. Your two cards for your draw really spoke to me on several levels. Mostly I see two perfect circles. With the Star placed on the third eye it brings to mind - what we think about we bring about... Diversity and its explosion of wonder. I have never seen a peppermint peach tree, the blooms are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My way to deal with stress these days is to go for long walks when I can. I found this tree in my neighborhood yesterday - it was a beauty. :)

      Delete
  2. Love the photo of the blossom tree!
    This is a very timely post for me because when I need it the most I tend to forget to spend some quality time with myself. This afternoon I have meditated for the first time since far too long and I wonder why, because it is such a treat for the soul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so strange how we humans - especially when life gets chaotic - tend to eliminate first the things that would actually help ground us!

      Delete