I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Fearless and Thorough

From the Tarot of the Hidden Realm, the Queen of Swords; from the Heart of Faerie, the Lady of Leprechauns:
          This Queen has a calm, composed demeanor and a Mona Lisa smile. On a cloth in her lap, she holds a sword as if it is a precious heirloom or a sacred tool. If it is considered to be a symbol of communication, then it is both precious and sacred. It can be used to soothe, inspire, encourage or tell the truth. But words can also be used to manipulate, denigrate, discourage and deceive. That pearl hanging on her forehead suggests she is familiar with struggle and pain. At times it may seem unbearable, but she knows such challenges can create something beautiful and worthwhile. She has little patience for those whose difficulties lead them to point fingers of blame or sing tales of woe.
          The Lady of Leprechauns, in charge of a bunch of tricky, sly beings, has her hands full. Yet like the Queen, she holds two precious gifts. In one hand is a crystal ball that allows the future to be seen; in the other is a mask that grants clear seeing to the wearer. The less difficult way looks as if the crystal ball would be the gift to choose. How great would it be to know the winning lottery number and win millions of dollars? However the mask of clarity would show that having a wad of money isn't all fun and games - money won can easily be lost. Both these ladies suggest that the hard roads of honesty and clarity are where the real treasure lies.
At some of these we balked. We thought we could find an easier, softer way. But we could not. With all the earnestness at our command, we beg of you to be fearless and thorough from the very start. ~ text of AA

6 comments:

  1. My journey hasn't been easy but I wouldn't want it to be any other way because then I would have missed out on all the lessons I've learned so far. I'd go for the mask too :)
    I hope your Mil is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, truth and clarity might be a harder road, but I think there are more rewards (and less cliffs to run off of, lol).
      My MIL is really confused; I'm sure part of it is the anesthesia and part of it is having dementia and being in a strange place. They will move her to a rehab center soon to try and get her mobile again. Thanks for asking! :)

      Delete
  2. Sing tales of woe...that's me. I seldom begin my posts with that aim, but somehow that is the way most come out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to be the "not my fault type" - though I had a humbling lesson the other day that is now short-circuiting that option.

      Delete
  3. Do we make the road ahead of hard and challenging just so we can feel like we accomplished something? To be or not to be

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life is hard enough without further complicating it with dishonesty and delusion.

      Delete