I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, June 13, 2016

Rampant Lion

From the Sheridan Douglas Tarot, Fortitude (Strength); from the Pages of Shustah, Closed Gate:
          The red lion in this card reminded me of the Royal Flag of Scotland. The flag shows a rampant lion - standing upright with forelegs raised and claws unsheathed, as if to strike. This lion has been subdued by the woman in blue, who looks like she may as well be scooping a litter box instead of holding a lion's mouth. Douglas writes that the woman represents the inner strength of purpose rather than the outer strength of action. She doesn't allow moods or other distractions to cause her to lose her focus or self-control.
          The Closed Gate looks jury-rigged (an old sailing term that meant temporarily fixing a damaged mast with the materials on hand). It represents a blockage, but not one that will be permanent. Until it is resolved, patience and acceptance will be required. I'm guessing that blockage will be the frustration that winds up the red lion. Yet giving in to these feelings by reacting to them will only further impede progress.
The more passion one has about the faults of others, the more agitated the mind becomes.
~ B. Alan Wallace

7 comments:

  1. Maybe with Strength looking toward the Closed Gate, it might be you who has to have the courage to mend a 'broken fence'
    Be Well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in clean-out mode (which makes my family tremble :D); I think that closed gate means I can't do everything in one day. Neither can I motivate my family to move that fast! :) Patience, patience, patience...

      Delete
  2. You and Carolyn both have similar subjects today: patience and strength :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I told Carolyn above, I think having the inner strength of patience is definitely what I need a dose of. Everyone moves at their own pace, and no amount of prodding is going to make them go faster!

      Delete
    2. Yep, both of us, patience and strength to endure. Still...

      Delete
  3. Hurray for Duct Tape!! Show me something broken, I can fix it!
    Have you ever watched the Canadian show Red Green?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Duct tape and a bit of wire can do some amazing things. :D I've never heard of Red Green - I'll have to go Google it...

      Delete