I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, June 11, 2016

Words of Wisdom

From the Ship of Fools Tarot, the Six of Swords; from the Wisdom of the Four Winds, Moss:
          I've got one person in my life who I allow to wreck my equanimity, much like this fellow's poor boat. He is unbalanced at the best of times and dangerous at the worst. My thoughts about him stir up my emotions, and I soon find myself in stormy waters. I've heard so many people advise to "just let it go," which sounds easy and doable with a simple resentment or hurt feelings. But this is not that, and I find Joseph Goldstein's advice to be more helpful: "let it be." To let something (or someone) go, implies an action that I have no idea how to do. Goldstein's suggestion allows me to acknowledge without requiring a specific action; devoid of desire or expectation, I let it float out to sea (let it be). It is, as the Beatles sang, words of wisdom.
          Moss thrives in places that no other plant will grow - on bare rock, compacted clay and in extreme shade. It appears so soft and fragile yet manages to survive in the most unwelcoming spots. Moss reminds me to find joy in the simple and ordinary, which relates to the lojong slogan I've been working with this week. It's so easy to narrow my focus until all I see is what is wrong, instead of expanding my view to include all that is good and beautiful too. If I open my heart and mind wide enough, there will be room for all.



4 comments:

  1. I can sympathize with your dilemma. That one person for me is one of my sisters. Such polar opposites. I try to remember they are put in our lives to help us to grow, get us out of the mossy bog, but "yee gads"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can deal with different opinions and beliefs, but when actions cause harm to those I love... It's very hard for me to let someone like that "just be."

      Delete
  2. This person got you "hooked". In time you will thank him for teaching you how to let go :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I can learn to "let be," I won't have to worry about hooks. :)

      Delete