I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, November 28, 2016

Dance of Delight

From the Prisma Visions Tarot, the Empress; from the Secret Language of Color Cards, Pearl:
          Seeing this image made me think of dust spinners, those little whirlwinds of breeze that pick up leaves and spin them round and round. It also brought a memory of a perfect spring day: the breeze made the pine boughs swish, and the sun warmed my skin. I spun in a slow circle with my arms outstretched trying to embrace it all. The pleasure of being alive and able to enjoy what the senses perceive is the essence of the Empress. Her ability to nurture is found in nature. The phrase given in the booklet for Pearl is 'connect to the Divine.' Instead of viewing this as deity, I prefer to use the definition of 'what is excellent and delightful.' The lustrous white color is soothing; its shine is soft, a symbol of being relaxed but alert. I find this pleasure and delight most deeply in the present moment, a space that is as near as my next breath but always elusive. Yet the Empress is persistent and encourages me to dance with my senses wide open, delighting in the wonders of creation.

6 comments:

  1. Your delightful description of the Empress's dance made me think of all the times that I have done the same. Every time I watch the Sound of Music (dozens or more) I think of the beginning when Julie Andrews begins singing "the hills are alive with the sound of music" I get up and twirl and spin with her. Your pearl-pure joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad it made you remember some joyful moments too, my friend! :)

      Delete
  2. Pearl. My birthstone is rose zircon. but at some point it was changed to pearl which I'd heard was bad luck. I just checked and the American Gem Society say it is now tourmaline and opal... nothing to say except the world is weird.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine is amethyst, a stone reputed to grant sobriety. A lot of good it did back in the day... :D

      Delete
  3. Again a reminder today to be in the here and now and enjoy the present moment which has so much to offer
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you find some delight in your day my friend. :)

      Delete