I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

The Great Benefactor

From the Whimsical Tarot, the Page of Swords; from the Over the Moon Oracle, Increase (3 of Diamonds):
          The Pages all learn in different ways; the ones from the Pentacles and Cups group are very much grounded in the present, aware of what is immediately around them. But those in the Swords and Wands bunch have an eye to the future, imagining what they will accomplish there. The old telescope reminds me not to get so mired down in the details of today, but to also look towards the horizon. If I keep looking at my feet, I might miss that train headed in my direction. Which in this case is rain, meaning we have a few short days to save what can be saved in my friend's house. Yet even though she has lost her home and 95% of what was in it, I feel like the Increase card confirms that most all of what was lost can be replaced. It may take time, but patience is a great benefactor when matched with effort.

9 comments:

  1. I would have not known this was a page of anything, but with your thoughtful posts, it is clear as a bell. I'm so glad you are blogging, it helps balance my thoughts. always a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It is helping me clear the muddiness from my mind on some mornings. :)

      Delete
  2. It seems like forever to rebuild. Hopefully the Page of Swords will keep the vision in focus. After the trauma so much of us is changed. I think that is part of PSTD. For me 55 years of life changed in an instant. So that 55 years of structure is gone, and life becomes unbalanced. Thank you for helping your friend and others in your. community.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Disorganization, instability and nothing that is 'normal' - no wonder people have PTSD. As you said, everything gets changed in an instant. Wish I had a magic wand, but I guess I'll just have to settle for patience and applied effort.

      Delete
  3. Maybe it is not so much about salvaging the last bits and pieces but more about salvaging it together...
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think knowing you don't have to be alone makes a big difference. :)

      Delete
  4. This is such a beautiful, heart-felt reading of these two cards. Thank you for your clarity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The roses in that card making me think of a Tom Waits song which speaks of permanence and impermanence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I'm familiar with Waits. But transitoriness does seem to fit with flowers! :)

      Delete