I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, January 5, 2017

Untie the Boat From the Dock

From the Tarot of the Secret Forest, the Six of Swords; from the Faeries Oracle, Lady of the Harvest:
          This image of a stream flowing through the forest for the Six of Swords reminds me of words from Wayne Dyer:
Peace is the result of retraining your mind to process life as it is, rather than as you think it should be.  Change the way you look at things and the things you look at change.
How am I being rigid in my thinking or attitude? Do I want to be right, or do I want to be at peace? I might not have the power to change my circumstances or other people, but I can change myself. The Lady of the Harvest implies completion and endings; her job is to help folks grieve, release what was, and bring closure. Again there is a repeated message, "It is time to move on." Cast off the mental boat from the dock.
Photos of our community below:

These photos show the results of 85 mph. straight-line winds in our community (National Weather Service said it was not a tornado). Lines down, trees across roads, on houses and cars; even tombstones were blown down in the cemetery. We've been under a 7 am to 7 pm curfew, partly to hinder looters but mostly because when there are no street lights it's easy to run into a tree across the road while driving. But, the mail ran yesterday, which means more of the streets are being cleared. Hopefully the extra workers from the surrounding counties who came in to lend a hand will get the utilities back on. We've got cold temperatures coming this weekend, and the elderly and very young need to be warm! It has been heartwarming to see the community pulling together and reaching out to help each other.





One other note: our phone and internet are currently being powered by diesel generators, which a lady from AT&T told us could go down. So if I disappear for a bit, no worries - I'll be back!

10 comments:

  1. thank you for sharing your images. It is 12 degrees here, better here than there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holy cow, I don't know how you survive. I think I'm dying when it gets below 60 F. :D Supposed to be below freezing here by Sunday, so hopefully utilities will be up and running by then.

      Delete
  2. This is why the Lady of Sorrows has come to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I'm grateful that while there were injuries and destruction, there was no loss of life.

      Delete
  3. Thanks you for sharing Bev. what an ordeal it must have been.
    As for you post It reminded me how often I have said: "Yes dear" with in secretive inner smile of knowing bettter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ordeal only lasted about 30 minutes, but the cleanup will take months I'm sure. Yet still, we were so lucky in many ways.
      Go along to get along? :)

      Delete
    2. I suppose so but also for my own peace of mind. Some things aren't worth bickering over

      Delete
  4. Agree with Sharyn 11 degrees here but feeling very fortunate to have a roof and window panes. A strong urge to send your community some warm woolies. But in lieu of that hugs...

    ReplyDelete