I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, March 31, 2017

Take the Bag Off

From the Thoth Tarot, the Ten of Cups; from the Vertical Oracle, On-Ramp to Nowhere:
          Ten cups are arranged on the Tree of Life that has a lotus blossom at its top. Satiety is this card's keyword, meaning that inner fulfillment is complete. This is the top of the emotional mountain; once climbed, the only place to go is back to the beginning (Ace of Cups). But there will be a heart full of gratitude on the climb down from the peak experience of such blissful happiness. The Vertical Oracle booklet points out there is a simple difference of one space between 'nowhere' and 'now here.' I am reminded to be receptive to what I am experiencing now (the moment will be gone in a blink) without drifting off to the past or present. Will I be attentive enough to be able to describe what I saw and heard as well as how I felt later? If not, I might as well be sitting on that mountain top with a bag over my head.

6 comments:

  1. "on the climb down" or perhaps a heart filled with trust while jumping off that tree

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Knowing the truth of impermanence, we can trust that this peak experience won't last, but there will be different ones to come.

      Delete
  2. I like that...Nowhere and now here. Why go any where when you are in the midst of a Ten of Cups Day, just stay put and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did too. :) It was a good reminder that right now is full of good things if I'll just let go of what should be and enjoy what is.

      Delete
  3. I can picture it though...do brown bag not plastic, just saying...

    ReplyDelete