I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, April 6, 2017

Here Comes the Sun

From the Badgers Forest Tarot, the Star; from the Gemstone Oracle, Turritella Agate:
          I can just imagine how startling it would be to see a white stag at night. Instead of blending in to its woody surroundings, it would conspicuously stand out. What a great card to see after several nail-biter days - a light in the darkness. The hope it represents reminds me of Pema Chodron's words that nothing stays fixed or stable; it is natural for things to come together and then fall part (and then come together again and fall apart again). There will be more storms to come, but now I can relax and enjoy a clear view of the sunrise. Even the Turritella Agate seems to agree with this wisdom, with words from Heraclitus:
What was scattered gathers. What was gathered blows away.
The gemstone is a mass of  silicified snail fossils. The snails no longer live, but part of them is preserved in stone. Life is a progression of cycles, of endings and beginnings. Both the stag and Chodron would probably encourage me to attend to each moment without trying to grasp or cling to it. It's all worthy of being noticed.


6 comments:

  1. I was saying prayers for you and all down south, that have had to ride out all those storms. Blessings to all. The White Stag is a very good omen and hopefully things settled down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the good thoughts you sent! Time to dust off the chainsaw now. :)

      Delete
  2. such a good omen someone would hunt it down and kill for the head to hang on the fireplace. People. Pfooy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I remember someone doing that to a white buffalo calf.
      :(

      Delete
  3. I am so very glad to hear the sun is shining again over the area that you live my dear friend. Hopefully the worst is over now.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete