I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Growth Stimulation

This week I'll be using the Dark Goddess Tarot, a deck created by Ellen Lorenzi-Prince and published by Arnell's Art. Along with it, I'll be using a digital set of Tattwas Cards. Today's draws are Witch (Queen) of Earth and Ether: Seed of Fire :
           Inanna is the Sumerian goddess of war as well as the arts and love. It sounds a bit contradictory, but the common denominator is stimulation. A seed kept in a glass vial will never sprout; it needs to be provoked and invigorated by the soil, sun and rain. I once had a boyfriend who was probably the nicest man I ever dated - he never argued with me or questioned anything I believed or wanted to do. But having him as a partner was similar to being protected like that seed; I would never grow beyond my own assumptions and opinions. Many people are content to carry their preferences and prejudices around in a little thimble. But what happens when this Fire is placed in the expansiveness of Ether? It can grow, but it must have fuel to burn just as the seed needs its own stimulation. Circular reasoning -  providing evidence for the validity of an assertion, which assumes the validity of the assertion - will only burn itself out. We all need to have our ideas challenged, so we can grow and develop beyond them.

Irma Update: Kudos to the city I live in for being prepared! Our city leaders had a fleet of utility trucks ready to roll as soon as the storm passed. Since the tornado (in January of this year), they've had trucks following every utility line in every neighborhood and radically cutting back any branches that overhung the lines. By the time Irma arrived, shelters were in place, emergency numbers and websites were given out, and all non-emergency businesses were closed. Today, almost everyone has had their power restored, except where huge trees fell on homes or transformer poles. We've got lots of debris (some I will need to use a chainsaw on), but everything else is okay at my little abode. Thanks for all the good thoughts sent this way!

8 comments:

  1. So glad all is well. I was thinking of you yesterday.

    You are right we do need to be challenged sometimes. Just last night K put a question to me that was hard to hear. Today I recognise that it was for my own good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After the tornado I think everyone was overly cautious here, which turned out to be a good thing!
      It took some maturing on my part, but now I understand how being challenged instead of agreed with all the time is helpful. :)

      Delete
  2. Oh my dear what a wonderful news! I am so relieved you are all safe and well.
    I am glad to have found Tarot as a tool to challenge me besides family and friends. I am always amazed how it highlights such different aspects of a situation than I am likely to do myself

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were lucky; the eye passed over us but it had become downgraded by then, thank goodness.
      It is true that tarot shows us aspects that I might not consider otherwise!

      Delete
  3. I believe preparation keeps us from falling into victim mentality. 'An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.' I hope you are feeling much better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the preparation helped keep us sane, as you said, it's better to focus on what we can do rather than what we can't control. Still working on the 'feeling better' part. :)

      Delete
  4. So glad and relieved you guys have managed to dodge this monster! (((((Hugs))))) :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The eye actually passed over us, but the storm had lost a lot of steam by the time it got here (thank goodness).

      Delete