I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, October 1, 2017

Advice on Loss

This week I'll be using the Gill Tarot, created by Elizabeth Gill and published by U.S. Games. The oracle deck I'll be using with it is The Circle, created by D.R. Taylor and published by Versation Publishing. Today's draws are the Five of Swords and Spirit Guides:
          Gill explains the four swords at the bottom of the card are "interwoven between the clouds of illusion." What beliefs do I hold that are based on false ideas? Have I held onto expectations that have a snowball's chance in hell of being fulfilled? Persistence can be a positive trait unless evidence proves it fallible. There is however a fifth sword in the card that points upward, away from the clouds - a symbol of clarity. Unfortunately my stubbornness can sometimes necessitate learning through loss. The Circle card suggests that I consult my spirit guides after undergoing such a mental wallop. I would like to believe there are angels or other guides willing to help, but I've lost my faith in such things. However I do often ask myself, "What would ____ do?"

  • My cat - find a comfy spot in a shaft of sunlight and take a nap.
  • My grandfather (deceased) - go for a walk.
  • The sycamore tree - let your roots go deep to seek out what will nourish you.
  • My grandmother (deceased) - call up some friends and play some cards.
There's always advice from unexpected resources to be found.

6 comments:

  1. What would..... do? Love how several completely different "spiritguides" can offer such valuable advice. Now you got me thinking about who my guides might be. Since I'm a Taurus I am extremely stubborn, so I could use some good advice! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ask for guidance from angels, ancestors, and spirit guides all the time. I like this - What would ___ do? I am going to give that a go when next I need advice. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always, always love the Gill Tarot. One guy I used to talk to referred to the "Sesame Street numbers" in the deck but I've always loved the clean crispness of it. There is nothing like a good, crisp illustration!

    I've never believed in angels or spirit guides floating around waiting to help me either. However, I do look up animals in the Animal Speak book when I see them just in case. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the simplicity of the Gill. And I believe Nature can be a good teacher and guide if we pay attention to it. 😊

      Delete