I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, October 14, 2017

Spiritual Parkour

From the Urban Tarot, the Fool; from the Principles to Live By, Courage:
          This young man makes me think of the urban acrobats who make cityscapes their obstacle course, running, jumping and climbing great heights with cat-like grace. The creator of the Urban Tarot identifies with the Fool and writes, "I strive to live a life unburdened by fear, open to the possibilities before me." Indeed, the Fool lacks both hope (concrete expectations) and fear, living only in the present moment. What matters is what he does right now. The Courage tile seems a good fit for him, as it implies acting with purpose even in the face of uncertainty. Maya Angelou wrote: "One isn't necessarily born with courage, but one is born with potential." The Fool represents that tiny seed of potential in everyone. We can nurture it and watch life expand or ignore it and experience how quickly the world can shrink.
 It teaches us to touch the world and interact with it, instead of being sheltered by it. 
~ Andy Tran on parkour philosophy

4 comments:

  1. That's an intriguing Fool card. The picture makes me think of who we might leave behind if one of our foolish endeavours doesn't work out. The companion dog looks at his human like, "this again, what about me if this doesn't work out?" Maybe all those doves of Peace are along to help both figure things out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I probably have more regrets for things I didn't do than for things I did. :)

      Delete
    2. Me too and it pains me sometimes how many doors are closed forever but then again I wouldn't be who I am right now and I also wouldn't want to miss out that either :)

      Delete
    3. That's true; we are shaped by our experiences. Even if we've allowed some doors to stay closed, we've walked through others. :)

      Delete