I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, December 21, 2017

Fast-acting Relief

From the Victorian Fairy Tarot, the Two of Autumn (Pentacles); from the Haindl Rune Oracle, 'Rit/Raidho:'
There's danger if I dare to
Stop and here's a reason why:
I'm over-due, I'm in a rabbit stew.
Can't even say good-bye,
Hello, I'm late, I'm late, I'm late. 
~ White Rabbit in Alice in Wonderland

          As this poor fairy tries to ride a bike and hold on to his acorns at the same time, I can hear the White Rabbit's refrain in my head. We all have times when we feel like we've over-committed ourselves or when our must-do list begins to look like a thesis. But the snail down below suggests he would accomplish more by simply slowing down and taking a deep breath. If he walked and pulled a wagon full of nuts, he would likely make more progress in the same amount of time. Rit/Raidho literally means wagon or cart; unlike the 'horse' rune, it suggests a journey carrying all one's belongings. Seen through a metaphorical lens, it could be interpreted as the journey of life. Now I know there are times when I must be on the move and busy getting things done, but I sure don't want to feel as frustrated and anxious as that fairy while doing them. Rarely do I excel at anything in that mindset, which is like a bubble that obscures my awareness of what's going on around me. I'll take Lily Tomlin's advice with me on my journey today:
For fast acting relief, try slowing down.

4 comments:

  1. snails got hands? http://www.comicsonthebrain.com/2013/12/22/growingold-with-b-c-shows-johnny-harts-evolving-talent/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its better to under promise and over deliver, than vice versa; where we are always behind the eight ball.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! I've never heard the saying about being behind the eight ball. :)

    ReplyDelete