I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Stepping Out

From the Tarot of the Hidden Realm, the Six of Swords; from the Heart of Faerie Oracle, the 'Prince of Light:'
          This woman has donned an eagle circlet, a totem symbol, in an effort to clear her mind. Like the eagles who can reach heights far above the mountains and clouds, she seeks to find clarity and peace. Humans are strange in that we often expect outer life to reform itself to bring us inner peace. It rarely dawns on us how self-identified we have become with our beliefs, opinions and ideas; clinging to these rigid thoughts is what usually causes our mental anguish. The Prince of Light holds an egg that represents new beginnings and potential. Just as that tiny shell holds possibilities, so too can opening a bit more space in our mind. In the words of Michael Carroll: "In order to open—in meditation and in life in general—we must let go of our familiar thoughts and emotions, we must step out from behind the safe curtain of our inner rehearsals and onto the stage of reality, even if it’s for just a brief moment."

5 comments:

  1. There are a few eagles starting to move in the area around here. Lots of hawks. Sometimes when sitting out doors and I see a hawk on the wing, I imagine I am flying alongside and can feel the air brushing my face and the ruffle of it through my wings. The wonder of the open sky and all that is below. Call it a flight of fantasy, but for a moment I am that hawk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine putting oneself into a hawk might be a good thing. We could get a much wider, larger perspective on things. We've got lots of turkey vultures roosting and circling the area. They look a lot like wild turkeys.

      Delete
    2. Their are a lot of those around here as well. With the interstate near bye there is an endless buffet for them.

      Delete
  2. Expecting outer life to reform itself - I know that one. Complete waste of time and resources...

    Change starts here, it starts with me I am trying to make this a mantra.

    PS this is a very subtle/abstract six of swords you've done well with I!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that expectation about outer life because I have done it so often myself! :)
      This deck does require a deep look at body language, facial expressions and subtle hints. Thank you for the compliment. :)

      Delete