I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, December 25, 2017

What is Precious

From the Tarot of the Hidden Realm, the Ten of Pentacles; from the Heart of Faerie Oracle, the 'Faerie of Youth:'
          I can imagine this older fellow in front of the standing stones quoting Mary Oliver to me: "Doesn't everything die at last, and too soon? Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" There are thousands of ways I can spend my time, energy and resources. When I die, what 'stones' will I leave behind - a legacy of compassionate generosity or tight-fisted complaints? The Faerie of Youth encourages me to see with the eyes of wonder and limitless possibilities. When my vision is narrow and my mind closed, life lacks promise and has no hidden potential. I think on this holiday, I will choose to follow Stephen Levine's advice: "Non-attachment is not the elimination of desire. It is the spaciousness to allow any quality of mind, any thought or feeling, to arise without closing around it, without eliminating the pure witness of being. It is an active receptivity to life."
Peace and goodwill to all!

6 comments:

  1. Good morning. about 3" of snow here with a topping of ice.
    I'M RETIRED!!! I don't have to go to work!!! Life is good ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life is good. :) Hope you enjoy a relaxed day with those you love.

      Delete
  2. Ten of Pentacles is a good draw for Christmas. Satisfaction and enjoyment, hopefully with those you love. Happy Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good card for gratitude. Hope your day if full of peace and joy. :)

      Delete
  3. How typically thoughtful of you to think of the legacy you create rather than a received one. I love reading your posts. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you , Layla - I feel the same about your posts. :) Hope your day is merry and bright!

      Delete